Many of us have been in situations where we have given away our power.
When you give away your power, you literally give your energy to another person.
People give away their power for different reasons:
- Family, cultural or gender programming
- Group pressure
- Idolization or envy of other people
- Avoidance or apathy
- Lack of confidence/self-esteem
- Not wanting to establish healthy boundaries
- Seeking Approval
- Fear of speaking up
- Looking outward for answers rather than within
When you give away your power, you become disconnected from your inner truth and this can cause energetic imbalances and blocks in your body.
The first step in reclaiming your power is to become aware of any interactions or situations that cause you to give it away.
One way to do this is to notice what happens to your third chakra. The third chakra is in your solar plexus and is responsible for personal power. When you are giving away your power this area will feel tight, tense and nervous.
Start by taking a few deep breaths and tune into this area.
Breathe gold light down through your body. Let the gold light soak into your solar plexus and expand into your belly. Feel it melting away any tension and heavy energy before exhaling out. Repeat until you feel calm and your sense of power has been restored.
If you are still feeling unempowered, it can be a sign that you have a blocked third chakra – your power center. If this is the case, then it might be time for a third chakra tune up and rebalancing reading.
Third Chakra Tune Up
This reading will look at any areas of your life where you are giving away your power. During the reading, I will unblock and re-align your third chakra. This will help you start to make more empowered choices that complement your unique spiritual path.
I get asked all the time about what I do and what happens during a reading.
Presenting TJC’s guide to getting an intuitive reading:
Everything in the Universe is alive with energy. While you can’t see it, you can feel it.
You have an energy field that surrounds you called an aura as well as energy centers within you known as chakras.
Your aura has 7 layers. The lower layers, the layers closest to your body reveal survival and emotional information while the upper layers are related to unconditional love and your connection with the divine.
When I read your Aura I see pictures, colors and symbols that reflect your current physical, mental and spiritual state.
On the other hand, chakras are spinning wheels of spiritual energy that are associated with energy centers in your body. Chakras connect us to the soul and reveal information about your life-purpose, relationships, love, emotions, struggles, creativity, the past and opportunities for growth.
How I Read:
Every reading is different depending on what is going on for you. I see clients in person or on the phone. Before the reading I spend between 20-30 minutes preparing for a session. I clear my mind and adjust my energy so I can effortlessly go beyond what the normal senses perceive.
In my mind’s eye (6th chakra) I see images of you, other people, places or things that I am able to describe to you. It is my job to interpret symbols as well as other metaphors to help you gain clarity with any issue and to see what is happening on an energy level.
By using other abilities, I can feel what you feel and hear your thoughts. Some of what I pick up is connected to your beliefs, past experiences and family programming.
During a reading, a deeper truth is revealed so you no longer have to keep creating the same patterns in life and you can avoid situations keeping you from walking your path
- Sit down somewhere comfortable
- Close your eyes and take a couple of nice, deep, gentle breaths
- Breathe in through your nose and down into your belly
- Go ahead and choose a color that relaxes you – if you're not sure which color relaxes you see my list below and pick the one that speaks to you...
- Using this color, create a ball of energy directly over your head
- Begin to bring this ball slowly down through the top of your head
- Inhale and let this energy move gently down through your head, neck and shoulders
- Allow it to wash away tension and distracting thoughts
- See it continue down the front and back of your chest
- Gently move this energy down through your abdomen and lower back
- Continue to release any discomfort and stress
- Soak in the color and move it gently over your pelvis, hips and thighs
- Feel the energy move down your legs, relaxing all the muscles
- With each breath you feel more relaxed, more at peace, and more in tune with yourself
- Look down at your feet and see the energy glide out through the toes
- Take a moment to scan your body and become aware of any pain or blocks. Create a ball of golden energy above your head. Allow this gold light to go to the parts of your body that still need healing. Let it absorb and neutralize the energy of these things.
- Now go ahead and choose a different color. Feel the flow of energy moving from the top of your head all the way down and out your feet. How does your body feel at this new vibration?
I work with many different colors and have found the following to be true for me:
- Red helps me ground and clears out fear
- Orange supports self-healing and makes me joyful
- Yellow keeps me positive and in present time
- Green helps me stay calm and balanced
- Blue clears my mind and assists with confidence, clarity and certainty
- Indigo connects me to my creativity
- Violet fills me with a greater sense of purpose and keeps me centered
- Gold aligns me with Universal energy, unconditional love and peace
Experiment with every color so you can become conscious of the vibrations that work the best for your energy system. Different colors will help at different times. And remember, there is no such thing as a bad color!