There may be times in your life when you feel blocked and things aren’t going well.
You feel disconnected. You feel overwhelmed by things happening around you - politics, environmental issues, disasters, suffering - and also things happening directly to you like health, family, relationship and financial issues.
When these things happen, you become fearful and old habits and defense mechanisms kick in.
These situations often leave you feeling powerless and shut off from your energy - you feel the Universe is not available to you in that moment.
The opposite is true. You have infinite Universal energy that can empower you to face any situation and create new solutions.
Getting reconnected to your energy is the key. When you do, you will begin to notice your energy flowing again and your mind and heart begin to open. You will feel light, alive and in the moment. From this place, you gain a new perspective, a new sense of calm and will often come up with a creative solution.
Getting reconnected is easy! The fastest and simplest way is through breath. Here's a simple breath technique that I use when things start to go awry:
- Sit in a comfortable chair
- Close your eyes (this helps you to focus inward).
- Gently breathe in through your nose and send oxygen down into your belly. Exhale out through your mouth.
- Continue to inhale deeply through your nose and out through your mouth - this will slow your heart rate
- With each exhalation, feel your mental chatter and stress being released
- Focus on your breath so that you can continue to let go of your blocks, fears and distractions.
- Allow yourself to sink deeper into total stillness.
- When you find that place of stillness, give yourself some time to experience it.
- If you do not immediately find this place, don't worry. Try focusing on gold light to help calm your mind. Visualize the gold light entering your body with each breath.
- When you feel yourself restored, take a moment to enjoy this new feeling.