THE FIRST CHAKRA
OFFICIAL NAME: Root Chakra
LOCATION IN THE BODY: The base of the spine for men; the ovaries for women
The first chakra relates to life and survival in the physical world, including where you live, where you work, and how you navigate the world.
The first chakra facilitates grounding and stability. Grounding acts as an anchor for the body and helps you deal with stress and problems in a calm and balanced way. Grounding also protects the body from being overwhelmed by the higher frequencies in the upper chakras.
WHEN THE FIRST CHAKRA RUNS SMOOTHLY IT HELPS YOU
- Manage Your Fears
- Create a Strong Sense of Worth
- Live in Abundance and Not Scarcity
- Release Programming Inherited from your Family, Society and Gender
- Be Physically Healthy and Active
HOW TO TELL IF YOU HAVE A BLOCK
- Persistent Money and Prosperity Problems
- Tolerating or Attracting Mistreatment by Others
- Feelings of Not Fitting in or Belonging
- Abandonment Issues
- Health Problems
HOW TO TELL IF YOUR FIRST CHAKRA IS TOO OPEN OR TOO CLOSED
Someone with a first chakra that is too open might not be afraid of anything-even to the point of recklessness, while someone with a closed first chakra might be completely shut down by fear.
Having a strong and healthy first chakra is going to allow you to feel safe and secure in your body. When the body feels secure, it makes it easier to work with the energies of the higher chakras.