I can't tell you how many times I have heard someone say, "I enjoy making things, but I don't think I'm a very creative person."
Or, they might say: "I have a lot of great ideas but nothing ever comes of them."
While they are similar, creativity is a dream, an idea or inspiration. It is an internal state of being in which your ideas are flowing freely.
Creation is creativity plus action – so you can bring your idea into the world.
Each of us expresses our creativity differently when we align with:
• Inspiration – Being open and finding beauty in the world
• Passion – Finding that thing that you want to do all the time
• A dream - Seeing a picture in your mind and bringing it to life
Here are common blocks to creativity and ways to overcome them so that you can manifest your creation:
• Over Control – Nothing kills creativity like being too controlling. Relax and go with the flow.
• Perfect Pictures – Let go of something having to be perfect the first time. Ease up on yourself and know that over time you will refine things.
• Comparing yourself to others – This is no-win situation! Fear not, you will bring your own talent and unique point of view to any endeavor.
• Worrying about finding the perfect medium of expression – Try different things and experiment. Try baking several different flavors of cake, or do different versions of the same picture with pencil, crayons and watercolors.
• Invalidation – Don't be to hard on yourself. Instead -take this an opportunity to learn something new or look at something from a different perspective.
• Blocked 5th Chakra, otherwise known as the throat chakra. This charka relates to your ability to be vulnerable and express your inner self through creativity.
Let 2017 be the year to take action and let your creative voice be heard!